East Asia is an area of the world characterised by diversity of people and cultures, countries and religious worldviews. Some of these countries are rich and well developed – others are struggling economically and depend on foreign aid.
In some countries, the Christian church is well established, thriving and reaching out to the rest of the world. In many others the church lives tenuously in unsympathetic environments. There is a broad range of opportunities to serve in this part of the world, and there are many ways for flexible, servant-hearted, skilled Christians to live, serve and model Christ.
Interserve workers serving in East Asia include:
- Educators for expatriate children, local schools and universities
- Partnering with other organisations to increase effective student work
- English as a foreign language
- Medical and dental educators and practitioners
- Nursing educators and practitioners
- Community development
- Business education and development
- Creative and modernized literature and other media