Are you interested in cross-cultural ministry?
But all the practicalities just seem so vague…
- Should I buy a house? Should I seek a promotion or save money?
- Should I upskill in my career or should I enrol in Bible college? Should I learn a language? Should I study at all?
- Should I get married? Should I stay single?
- Do I wait until my 30s, 40s, 50s? Is this a retirement goal or a career plan?
- Should we start a family, or wait? Do my children need to finish primary school/high school/leave home first?
- Do I find a country to go to then find a mission organisation, or the other way around?
These and many other questions are worth asking, but the answer is fairly unsatisfying: “It depends.” The answers will differ depending on where you go, what you do and your stage of life, to name just a few factors.
The season of life before boarding a plane can be full of well-meant opinions, a flurry of ideas, anxiety about making the ‘wrong’ choices.
We get it.
The only way to truly know your next steps is to talk with someone who can point you in the right direction: a mentor, mobiliser or pastor.
At Interserve, we have many helpful staff who can meet with you for coffee (or a socially distant video chat online!), discuss your thoughts and dreams, answer your questions and direct you to good resources. We can help tailor a plan for you, which assists you to be faithful to what God is calling you to do. It may look very different to someone else’s. And that’s okay.
If you would like to talk to someone today, we’d love to hear from you.